Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cycling Updates

March 25th and 26th: 20 kms each
March 27th: Gudi Padwa holiday and Arjun’s 5th birthday. So no cycling
March 28th and 29th: Break from cycling

March 30th to April 3rd: 20 kms each
April 4th and 5th: Did not cycle on the weekend as well, since had caught a stomach bug late Friday night. Came home as usual and immediately after, rather while having my dinner my stomach seemed to give away. Most of the weekend was spent recuperating.

April 6th: No cycling. Had to go to office with my car, had some work lined up for in the later part of the day for which a car was needed.

April 7th: 5 kms. Started on my bike, but had to return from half-way back due to some family emergency.

April 8 and 9th: 20kms

Total Distance Covered on Merida: 769 Kms
Total Distance Covered on Cycle: 1339 Kms

Cycling was a bit intermittent for the past couple of weeks. Haven’t got my weekend runs under my saddle, due to various reasons… parties, sickness and work. Hopefully will pick up the slack again from this week onwards. I still haven’t got my Merida TFS 100 serviced yet. The brakes particularly the rear have become real loose. I need to call up Venky and get her serviced. I am doing my bit, regular chain cleaning et.al., although a once-upon-a-time mechanical engineer turned software junkie, i am still in a newbie state-of-mind when repairing a bike. Well I tried my hands on my Hercules, but would prefer the experts to handle the Merida. Venky has promised first 3 services free, so am keeping my fingers crossed. All the distance readings are approximate since I don’t have a cyclo-computer but I’m pretty sure that I am on the conservative side when calculating distances.

Cheers,
Yogesh Ranade

No comments: