Friday, July 17, 2009

Go Yogi Go…

Have been able to maintain my cycling routine through the first couple of weeks of July…4days in the week (6th to 10th) and 5 days in this week. Also managed a 15 km loop last Sunday (11th) - about 200kms of riding to bring my total to

Total Distance Covered on Merida: 1629 Kms  approximately
Total Distance Covered on Cycle: 2199 Kms approximately

Need to get a helmet and a cyclo-computer.

In these first 2 weeks of July also have (re)started my jogging routine. These are over and above my regular cycling commute to office. Here’s how i have fared so far:-

7th July: 5kms
8th: 5kms
9th/10th: Rest
11th: 4.5kms
12th: 8kms
13th: Rest
14th/15th: 5kms each
16/17th: Rest

Have got the inspiration from the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon training chart @ http://www.scmm.indiatimes.com/training.html and trying to follow this as much as I can. Am currently in week 2. Yeah I know I have been taking rest on Thursday’s so far…but hey..I’m also cycling alongwith…so cut  some slack…Lot’s of thoughts cross my mind regarding registering for the Mumbai Marathon 09. I would love to run a marathon (atleast once in my life) I’m already 35 and time is running out…literally…the older you get the difficult it becomes…but can I manage it…will i hold up…will i make the distance in in 4 hrs atleast…the max i have run so far is for about 1hr 5mins for a distance of about 11kms.. 42.2 kms seem so far away…maybe I will give myself another 2 weeks into the training routine and if I last through it, I will go ahead and register…;)

Current state: In 2 minds: do a 4/10km run over the weekend or go for a 120km + cycle ride to Nandi Hills on Sunday. Never done Nandi hills…have gone upto the BIAL..and hear Nandi is a must-do if one is into cycling long distances..

Cheers,
Yogesh Ranade

No comments: