Thursday, July 02, 2009

NEWS

Continued my regular cycling to work schedule in the last 2 weeks of June. Cycled for 4 days a week to bring my total tally by June end to:-

Total Distance Covered on Merida: 1429 Kms  approximately
Total Distance Covered on Cycle: 1999 Kms approximately

Have pedaled 2000 kms, which if covered in a car that does 10 kms/litre amounts to saving up 200 litres of petrol, which in turn amounts to 200*42= Rs 8400/- saved.

The Government has hiked the petrol prices by Rs 4 and diesel prices by Rs 2 from today, so all the more reason to continue cycling. Unfortunately the rains seem to be upon us here in Bangalore which makes it difficult and dangerous to cycle. Haven’t been able to cycle on July 1st and July 2nd due to that. Left my cycle in office on the 30th and haven’t been able to ride it back as yet, have been taking the BMTC bus instead. Oh and I lost my newly bought lock for the bike, I left it at the bike (which I shouldn’t have) and someone wacked it. (: It’s raining here in Bangalore even as I write this post so not sure if I will be able to cycle back even today, but I will try for sure.

Cheers,
Yogesh

1 comment:

उपाध्यायजी(Upadhyayjee) said...

Good you are the real GO GREEN guy for the environment week in June.

Hey didn't you lock it?