Wednesday, February 18, 2009

500 kms and counting…

16th Feb: Went to work in my car. Carried my clothes for the coming week. Didn’t do the basic cleaning of my cycle over the weekend. I decided to do the basic cleaning (Spray the chain with WD-40 and apply light thin oil…wipe clean the frame and the entire cycle) on Tuesday.

17th Feb: 20 kms For some reason wasn’t upto cleaning the bike. I had seen a decent looking cycle shop on my way to office (after the old Kids Kemp, opposite the HAL quarters) and decided I would give the bike for servicing there. Went over and got the shock of my life, the owner an old man, was extremely rude, first he mentioned (literally shouted)that his technician is not there in the shop so it can’t be done…as though I was to blame for his technician’s absence, and then when I asked typically what work will you do for servicing, he mentioned “kuch nahi”…ie nothing, we will wash the cycle, and grease it…150 bucks…for “kuch nahi”…I decided to not drop the cycle there and continued to office.

Yippeee, I have completed 500 kms on the bicycle. Feels great..

Here’s a pic. of the bike (it’s not my bike, but a picture from Hercules website)..I will be posting a picture of me and my bike soon.

ultimashox_big

My cycle is Hercules Ultima 6 Speed. It’s serving me pretty good. I have had no major issues and it’s held me in good stead so far…

<side snip>
Office: Got a lot of work done at office, finished up the IRD and sent it out for review and the SRS review incorporation for the Femto Controller product. Got some good news from Viji about the diameter stack performance and that we could now do 3.5K TPS (14K msgs/sec) on a single core (4 hw threads at 1 GHz) PP50 blade. Immediately dashed a mail to the senior folks in the company admiring Viji’s efforts…it was great work by him..truly.
</side snip>

18th Feb: Again went to that same bicycle shop, since I didn’t see the old man there, instead a young chap, but much to my disappointment, this chap was also as arrogant. The way they mention that there’s no technician is as though we were party to his absence…oh well…in any case I had sprayed my WD-40 so my cycle chain was gleaming. I need to further clean to remove the grime, that’s slated for the coming weekend..

Total Distance Covered: 530 kms

No comments: