Thursday, February 12, 2009

Broken Handle

11th Feb: Had an interesting day at office. Lot’s of work, had to finish up defining the requirements for the Femto Controller product and also was engaged with Motorola for an hour long discussion regarding our next Diameter release that is lined up for them for March 31st. Things are hectic, confusing - considering the downturn and what it’s effect will be beyond the next 30-60 days, my cycling has held me in good stead. I actually look forward to getting on the bike now, as it helps me unwind and collect my thoughts together, and since I do that I don’t feel tired probably or maybe it’s my stamina ;) My cycle gave me a surprise yesterday, in the morning after reaching office it seemed to be fine as I parked it in the parking lot. In the night about 8:30 pm as I started cycling back home, I thought the handle feel felt weird, it seemed to close towards my body. Was not sure what happened, until as I strode (standing up) on it, when I realized that the handle of my cycle had come loose and was swaying left to right. The bolt that holds the handle to the main frame of the cycle seemed pretty tight but it looked like the grip had swayed. Now not sure why that would happen. Any case, decided to continue cycling albeit slowly since I was experiencing extremely wobbly behavior. Slowly and steadily I rode, till I passed a cycle shop, it was closed, till I passed another one, that too was closed…none till I reach home I knew, rode on slowly, wobbly but surely, with people staring at me taking me to be a novice rider until i reached home by 9:30 pm. Decided to continue further about 0.5 kms since I knew there was a cycle shop ( i regularly visit to repair my son Arjun’s cycle) and I remember “chacha” mentioning that he normally runs the shop till 11 in the night. Unfortunately “Chacha” wasn’t there…so had to return back, cycle unrepaired. Will try to get it done tomorrow/today.

Cheers,
YVR

No comments: