Monday, May 04, 2009

Cycling Updates

April 26th: Went for a longish bicycle ride. Rode from Brookefields-Whitefield-Sai-Baba Ashram – Old Madras Road – Pai Layout – IndiraNagar 80 ft road – Manipal Hospital – HAL – Marathahalli and back home. For some reason mapmyride is not loading the Bangalore map. In any case considering this ride was an extension ride from the April 23rd ride which was about 35 kms and considering this time around, I cycled all the way till Indiranagar I guess this must be atleast a 55 kms ride approximately. With this ride I have completed 1000 kms on my Merida.

April 27th – April 30th (4 days)– 20 kms per day. Office and back.

May 1st – Being an Indian Labour day, we had a holiday for 1st May. I decided to do a small loop – Brookefields – Old Madras Road – Indiranagar – Domlur – Manipal Hospital – Marathahalli – Back home. Had some medicines to collect from Domlur so decided to do a ride. Did this in the later part of the afternoon. Started at 2:30 and was back by 4 pm to watch the IPL matches. This ride must be approximately 20 kms. I had 2 tender coconuts along the way. I definitely need to get a cyclo-computer.

May 2nd and 3rd: No cycling

Total Distance Covered on Merida: 1129 Kms  approximately
Total Distance Covered on Cycle: 1699 Kms approximately

Cheers,
Yogesh Ranade

No comments: