Friday, March 06, 2009

Arjun wins his first gold medal

6th March, 2009:-

My son Arjun, who will turn 5 years on 27th March, has won his first gold medal at his Annual Sports Meet for the academic year 2008-09 today. Hearty Congratulations my boy…we are all very very proud of you.

He studies at Gopalan National School in Brookefields and is in Nursery A…Today was their Annual Sports Meet…

DSC03815

More photos have been uploaded at http://picasaweb.google.com/yranade/ArjunSportsDay200809#

Wow, amazing I can’t remember when I won (if ever) my first gold medal in school. He was so excited…I am so happy. From yesterday late in the evening he was pestering (in his own sweet little inimitable style) me about the different medals…what is gold, what is silver, what is bronze ? Is gold better than silver ? And what about bronze ? What if I don’t win a medal ? I will “focus”…remembering the Disney Pixar movie “Cars” …It was great..and I didn’t have the faintest clue that he was so focused (or atleast trying to be at his age)

Here’s a video of his race…

The event was called Merry Matching, it essentially comprised of a race with 2 partners in a team, a boy and a girl. Arjun’s “match” was a sweet little girl from his class called Debbie. So the race was essentially such that the girls run the first half of the race, while the boys are standing midway (dancing with a square frame on their heads); midway along then the girl tags the boy and then both of them run the remainder of the race together, hand-in-hand. It was a very good run by Debbie in the first half and then Arjun and Debbie both of them literally “Bolted” off for the remaining half…All-in-all a unique fun-filled racing event.

Here’s a video where Arjun is awarded the gold medal…

 

Here’s a snap at home, Arjun with his gold medal…

DSC03844

The event was very well organized and executed fantastically well. Kudos to all the management, the teacher’s, the support staff and all the little wonders of Gopalan National School, for putting up such an amazing show…

Arjun was so excited and happy and what made both of us amazingly happy is when Arjun was off to his mid-day nap, he quietly comes to us and in our ears says “I want to wear the gold medal and sleep”…and then he bursts out laughing…He’s really my wonder boy…

Heartiest Congrats Arjun.

Cheers,
YVR

No comments: