Thursday, March 05, 2009

Early days on the Merida

27th Feb: 20 kms
28th Feb and 1st March : Relax, didn’t go for any cycle runs

2nd March through 5th March: 20kms each. Went to the Gym on Monday and Wednesday.

Total Distance Covered on Merida: 205 Kms
Total Distance Covered on Cycle: 775 Kms

My Merida TFS is holding up pretty well. Have noticed that 3(F) * 7(R) gear combination is resulting in chain slippage (doesn’t slip completely off). Either I have to learn how to adjust the derailleur myself or would have to take it up to Venky at Wheelsports. My first service of the cycle is due at about 400 kms which I think should be done by end of next week.

I hope to see serious cyclists on the way, but haven’t quite seen any, other than the regular cycle commuters, which btw: I now enjoy going past with ease. There are some guys who try to race me, but over a longer distance eventually give up ;)

I liked Mayank’s of BBC (Bangalore Biker’s Club) signature that he uses when he posts on the forum and have decided to rip it and use it for my own signature as well…ofcourse giving him the due credit. Here’s how it looks

o__
_> /__
(_) \(_)... Burn fat not fuel - Byke along to a healthier life and cleaner world! :) - Mayank @ BBC

Cheers,
YVR

No comments: